"The mind is like water. When it's turbulent, it's difficult to see. When it's calm, everything becomes clear."
Surely every one of you has listened about the word “Meditation”. But are you sure that you are aware what exactly does meditation means? We are here to explain what does it really mean. After reading this blog you will be amazed to know about the benefits offered by the meditation to us. So let’s start
There are lot of misconceptions and myths seen by society about the meditation such as it involves blanking of mind, some people think it is related to something supernatural, some says that it is only for saints, some believe that it is thinking of some high type of thoughts and many more. May be you might have believed in any of the above given myth. So here is time to know clear view of meditation and its benefits.
In Sanskrit meditation is known as dhyana. Basically meditation refers to making mind peaceful by practicing thinking in deep silence. Meditation is a type of mental exercise as it involves RFA (Relaxation, Focus and Awareness).it has same benefit which we give to our body by physical exercise with only difference that meditation gives benefit to our mental health. It requires proper concentration, still body, practise individually, closed eyes.
In our daily life we can choose simple meditation like listening to music or any physical activity or studying. Meditation requires a quiet place, sitting cross legged and straight and then focuses on your work. Study is also a type of meditation when done with full concentration.
Most common forms of meditation:
In this form a person breathes and feel breathe by concentrating on inhaling and exhaling process.
In this type, a person firstly closes his eyes and then visualise some object.
In this there is repeated listening of a mantra or any sound.
It is a little similar to visualizing with the difference that here the person eyes are open and real the real object.
Benefits of meditation:
Meditation is found to be beneficial in three aspects such as spiritual benefits, psychological benefits and physiological benefits:
· It provides mind peace and happiness
· It helps in discovering the purpose of your life
· Make you learn to forgive
· Increase in acceptance
· Makes you live in present
· Removes selfishness in you
· Helps in keeping things in position
· Increases self-discovery
· Increase perception
· It increases awareness related to spirituality.
· Builds up self confidence
· Maintains mood and behaviour (as mediation increases serotonin level)
· Helps in providing concentration and increases focus.
· Improves memory
· Resolve any kind of fear
· Improves relations with family and friends
· The most important benefit is that it helps in quieting smoke or alcohol.
· Cures insomnia
· Decreases the dependency on drugs or pills
· Better socially interaction
· Increase the emotional state of a person in a positive manner
· Improve immune system
· Losing of weight
· Reduces pre menstrual symptoms
· Maintains blood pressure as it increases blood flow and slows the heart rate
· Reduces stress and anxiety (lowers blood lactate level)
· Decreases risk of cardiovascular diseases (decreases cholesterol)
· Helpful in curing migraines
· A therapy for curing infertility
· Reduction of depression
Meditation is helpful for health as well as it increases longevity of life. It also relives your body from mental and physical stress.
“The goal of meditation isn’t to control your thoughts, it’s to stop letting them control you”